- Every year, nearly four million cats are eaten in Asia.
- On average, cats spend 2/3 of every day sleeping. That means a nine-year-old cat has been awake for only three years of its life.
- Unlike dogs, cats do not have a sweet tooth. Scientists believe this is due to a mutation in a key taste receptor.
- When a cat chases its prey, it keeps its head level. Dogs and humans bob their heads up and down.
- The technical term for a cat’s hairball is a bezoar.
- A group of cats is called a clowder.