- Both humans and cats have identical regions in the brain responsible for emotion.
- A cat’s brain is more similar to a man’s brain than that of a dog.
- A cat has more bones than a human; humans have 206, but the cat has 230 (some cites list 245 bones, and state that bones may fuse together as the cat ages).
- Cats have 30 vertebrae
- The cat’s collarbone does not connect with other bones but is buried in the muscles of the shoulder region. This allows them to fit through any opening the size of their head.
- The cat has 500 skeletal muscles (humans have 650).
- Cats have 32 muscles that control the outer ear (compared to human’s 6 muscles each). A cat can rotate its ears independently 180 degrees, and can turn in the direction of sound 10 times faster than those of the best watchdog.
- Cats’ hearing is much more sensitive than humans and dogs.